Front-end / UX / UI Developer experienced in wire-framing, rapidly prototyping, and developing web applications specifically for financial secure access platforms. Also experienced as a technical consultant, working with clients to gather requirements and help shape the development path of applications.
Strong experience with responsive / mobile design / development for cross device functionality ( mobile
handheld, tablet, desktop ) and cross browser compatibility.
Markup / Programming Languages & Libraries
Blog / CMS / Platforms:
WordPress, SharePoint, Emerald, Wix, Percussion
Windows (8/7/Vista/XP/9X), Mac OSX, Linux
Sublime Text 2/3, Atom, Spring Tool Suite, Axure, JIRA, Confluence, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, FrontPage, Publisher, Visio, Visual Studio), Adobe Creative Suite (Flash, Fireworks, DreamWeaver, Photoshop, Illustrator), Notepad ++
- Work well on projects in a team setting, both in leadership or support role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, personable and outgoing
- Effective, organized and able to multi-task
- Hard working; works well with minimum supervision
Boston, MA - April 2015 to July 2016
Worked on creating a ground-up custom system of reusable components based on the B.E.M. methodology to establish a company-wide css/html framework. Contributed extensively to educational documentation to assist in tutoring other developers/designers/architects about the framework as well as advocate continued learning with hands-on assistance. Used this framework to build extensive prototypes of legacy products using ember.js with json. Utilized git for file sharing. Advocate for JIRA and Confluence, proponent of helping organize team efforts and streamlining processes.
- Worked on creating a ground-up custom system of reusable components based on the B.E.M. methodology to establish a company-wide CSS / HTML framework.
- Contributed extensively to teaching documentation to assist in tutoring other developers about the framework as well as advocate continued learning with hands-on assistance.
- Used above-mentioned framework to build extensive prototypes of legacy product within Ember.js as lead developer on small team.
- Utilized GIT for file sharing within dev team and production environments.
- Managed estimates, time-management, code propositions, education of framework, and collaborative troubleshooting.
- Put on side projects to assist in updating old help files, requiring writing bash scrips and gulp processes to run through files, update, compress, and modernize.
Web UI Developer/Usability Consultant - E-Business Consulting
Boston Financial Data Services
Quincy, MA - January 2013 to April 2015
Frontend developer for secure access mutual fund management web applications for notable financial companies. Collaborated with clients to deliver needs in compliance with the product and became a usability architect/consultant for front-facing client meetings. Upheld modern standards within the application, including HTML5, css3, progressive enhancement techniques, responsive design and development, and cross browser compatibility. Participates in extensive usability, Q/A, and UAT testing and able to return to the code and make necessary improvements.
- Participating in resource gathering meetings with the client.
- Using rabid prototyping tools like Axure to demonstrate concepts and workflows during meetings to assist in client sign-off.
- Reviewing a project plan with timeline due dates.
- Scoping out the effort of work for items outside the project definition.
- Experience looking at legacy code to evaluate if an update can actually be added and providing advice as to it's value to the customer vs. work cost.
- Following and creating business requirements documents and tech standards to be used for products offered. Particular experience developing responsive approach for Financial Secure Access Applications.
- Developing and building product per client specifications and following styleguide working to create the most fluent and global css solutions.
- Using GIT to work with other developers and push development efforts to QA and UAT for testing.
- Working within QA programs such as JIRA to access bugs and fix for next release.
- Speaking directly with clients about certain UAT issues and proposing custom solutions that can both satisfy client and development needs.
- Post-Production enhancements and maintenance.
Graphic/Web Designer and Frontend Developer
Secretary of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Boston, MA - November 2011 to January 2013
- Primary developer and designer for a 2,000+ page government website redesign with tight 3 month schedule.
- 4.1 million page hits within first week release, 16.4 million during the 2012 presidential election week with minimal call center impact(Data from Google Analytics).
- Facilitated content architecture to align and streamline separate divisions into user-friendly cohesion achieving the ideals outlined within a Heuristic Analysis documentation of the existing site.
- Established a Server Side Include system to alleviate turn-around time for updates.
- Worked with application programmers to create a program to convert all the old table-based website pages into HTML5 formatting
- Part of integration process of setting up the newly redesigned site into a CMS that could place updates in each Division's power to continually update content for its users.
- Worked closely with division directors to establish cohesion with global navigation and consistent workflows.
- Provided usability insight to collaborate with Division Directors to ease end user comprehension.
- Created print work, pamphlets, posters, and promotional work to be widely used by the Massachusetts political offices and the greater public.
View Additional Work Experience »
Milford, NH - October 2011 to October 2012
Coordinated & organized cost and fees within budget requirements for a beginning cast of 114. Organized scheduling and attendance. Grossed $6,000 + for a non-profit organization: the Boys and Girls Club.
Boys and Girls Club of America
Milford, NH - October 2010 to October 2011
- Successfully designed and actuated an art outreach program that achieved and excelled all Boys and Girls Club standards.
- Marketed events, participated in attaining grants, and promoted curriculum.
- Developed programs that provided teens with opportunities to connect technology with creative outputs.
Master’s Degree Education Intern (K-8)
Deerfield Community School
Deerfield, MA - January 2011 to June 2011
- Collaborative lesson planning for grades Kindergarten through 8th grade in correlation to school standards, mission statement, and philosophy.
- Achieved comfort and confident directing lessons alone with a large group.
- Created a three week long, cross curriculum unit plan that addressed each grade and learning objective.
- Innovation with incorporating technology into the lesson in unique and interactive ways.
Master’s Degree Education Intern (Graphic Design)
Manchester Central High School
Manchester, NH - August 2010 to December 2010
- Full-time teaching intern responsible for planning and actuation of four arts classes.
- Mentored by a master graphic designer in the arts of graphic design, printing processes, and techniques.
- Created units and taught classes on graphic design focusing on compositional elements, design, practical applications, writing, planning, and technical functioning of the Adobe programs.
- All units and projects linked to school philosophy, curriculum goals, and class competencies.
- Facilitated advanced critiques on artwork, focused on commercial appeal and marketability.
Undergraduate Research Project
Durham, NH - January 2009 to May 2009
A self directed project that researched how solo travel had subsequent effects on the composition, balance, contrast, and subject of digital and 35 mm photography. Analyzed commercial marketability of artwork
Newsroom Intern and Freelancer
WMUR Channel 9
Manchester, NH - January 2007 to September 2007
- Mastered camera placement, camera operation and movement, telepromting, practiced the basics of directing broadcast television, and videotape operation for morning and evening news programs.
- Worked on specialized programming such as Boston Bruins games, NH Chronicles, and interviewing presidential candidates.
Master of Education / Cum Laude
Durham, NH - May 2011
Bachelor of Liberal Arts - Digital Arts / Cum Laude
Durham, NH - May 2010
Supplemental Sources to Learn Web Development:
- Member of the University of New Hampshire’s Rowing Team for two years. Competitively raced other varsity collegiate rowing teams. Learned determination, perseverance, & teamwork.
- Raced in New England Championship Regatta.
- Volunteered as backstage production crew for 12 theatrical plays for a non-profit organization
- Scholastic Art Award Winner for two Silver Keys with a Portfolio Scholarship
- Received Highest Honors from the Society of Women Engineers
- Not afraid of getting my hands dirty and overall outdoor enthusiest (whether that's laying out in the sun reading, going for a long walk, tackling a hike, kayaking, shoveling snow, I like it all).
- Working out and being active. Participating in races and casual leagues (Softball, Volleyball, and Kickball).
- Projects like teaching myself to knit/crochet, learning new sitches, and figuring out complex patterns.
- I'm the type of person who gets under my car to change the oil. I want to unscrew the filter, and get the breaker bar out to loosen the bolts. I want to learn and will gladly take on all sorts of tasks in my personal life, especially if there is a good teacher prevalent to guide.
References are available upon request.